cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspano

Set text on terminal session

Hi everyone,
I'm using Terminal Emulation session with IBM Personal Communcations (HLLAPI).

I'm having difficulty automating the compilation of terminal screen.
Considering that the value of the "Index" returned by the "Set Text" function and the "Get Text" function differ from each other, I cannot loop on indexes (derived from labels) of the "Get text" function and then use the same index on the "Set text" function to valorize that specific field.

Therefore, I had to choose the route of using the "Label" on the "Set text" function (considering that in my case it is not possible to use the "position"/"Cursor" of the "Set text" function as I work on terminal screens that change dynamically).
However, using the "Label" on the "Set text" function I encounter problems regarding the valorisation of fields that have the same name. For example in a terminal screen I have the following fields:

Date of receipt     From __________ To __________
Settlement Date   From __________ To __________

In the case indicated above, using the "Label", I cannot value the second field called "To".

Have you ever had such a case?
Can you help me how to manage the cases highlighted above and / or how to best use the enhancement of the fields of a terminal screen?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Cheers.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,717)