cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreasSta

Sharing Desktop Flows / read only

When sharing a desktop flow with another user, the user sees the flow in the Power Automate for Desktop app and cannot edit it either.This is fine and desired. But he can copy the flow in the desktop app and then he can edit the copied flow. Is there a way to prevent the user from copying the shared flow?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

When you add people to a flow inside of a solution, there should be tow options (Owner or User).  

An Owner can download the flow to there Desktop app with the SaveAs button, but a User should not be able to.

Find the flow on the online site, and go to "Managed Access".  Change the person to a User.

AndreasSta

Thank you for your reply.

I did it exactly like you described. The flow was shared only with user rights. But the user can bypass the permissions by copying the flow. Copying is still possible even if you have only user permissions. After you have copied the flow you are the owner of the copied flow and can edit it. So my question is if you can turn off the copy function (only for shared flows) or configure the user rights in a way that the user is only allowed to run flows in the desktop app, but not edit, copy or even create new flows.

Have a look at the Screenshot, it is from the Desktop App. Editing of the shared flow is deavtivated but you can still copy the flow. That is the problem.

copy.PNG

No, I would open a ticket with Microsoft, but this may be by design. For instance, any read-only file can typically always be copied and modified. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,608)