cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Text UI Element is not being detected anymore in Word

Hey smart ppl,

I really need your help. My PAD somehow does not recognize text fields in Word. When I try to add a new UI element, and hover around the text, it simply does not find the field 'edit' anymore.

I tried adding the UI Elements all over again, because when running existing PAD, it somehow messed up all the variables and UI elements. I get an error. It is German, but you will propably recognize it anyway. 

feebee_0-1633355709678.png

feebee_1-1633355840016.png

Here it shows some tab and groups and stuff but no edit.

Now it just does not want to work, for any Word document.

Would appreciate all kinds of input.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous 

I experimented by myself and was able to extract data from a text content control in a Word document.

PAD Version: 2.13.163.21263

shindomo_1-1633377946306.png

Did you try 1) restart windows operating system 2) uninstall / reinstall PAD software?

Good luck.

mvanleuken

Object detection seems to be half art, half science. You may need to experiment with desktop versus web object detection and with what is inside the red box.  It often seems like just moving your mouse pointer over one pixel will select something different and that might make your script work again. The artistic part of detection is learning what element to pick based on trial and error experience.

glenperes

I faced a similar problem that the Power Automate UI Element Picker was not detecting individual Tables and Text Boxes in my Word Document. With some trial and error i realized that when i disconnected my second screen Monitor and only used my Laptop monitor, the UI Element Picker started detecting the individual Tables and Text Boxes in my Word doc. Let me know if this trick solved the problem for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,250)