cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuintonR
Frequent Visitor

Triggering Flows for End Users without Power Automate

Is it possible to email a button-triggered desktop flow that executes without the end user needing to download Power Automate/Power Automate for Desktop? 

As an example, I'm working on a flow that allows users to run it, and it'll send computer specs to me via filling out part of a form I made to obtain other information as well for an audit. 

The thought with this is that mass employees experiencing the same questions can have issues resolved, and our department saves time by executing a flow on their end rather than lots of remote sessions. 

Here is what my flow looks like right now:

tempsnip1.png

tempsnip2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

From both a licensing and practical viewpoint this won't work.  Power Automate Desktop requires that the user be licensed and have Power Automate Desktop installed to run attended RPA flows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

From both a licensing and practical viewpoint this won't work.  Power Automate Desktop requires that the user be licensed and have Power Automate Desktop installed to run attended RPA flows.

When you mention it from a practical and license standpoint, do you mean it is easier to have employees download the software in mass than trying this method? 

No, I mean the users won't be able to run the desktop flow because the Power Automate Desktop isn't installed on their machine.  That's the practical consideration. Even if they did have the software they couldn't only run the flow if they had an appropriate license. That's the license standpoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,758)