cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mokshazna
Frequent Visitor

UI Elements aren't detected on ERP intermittently

Hi,

I am using PAD to automate form filling on ERP system ( Syteline provided by Infor). Now as I use the desktop recorder it worked fine for the first time after installing. After that none of the elements are being recognised. It simply capture whole pane. Now sometimes it works all a sudden and stops again. I am thinking this should be of some security built into application etc. Can you please help me what could be the possible reason for such issues?

8 REPLIES 8
yoko2020
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Mokshazna 

Window ui selector issue.

Once you use desktop recorder, always check, analyze and tune each ui selector to make it universal for that specific windows application.

You need to learn how selector work, especially the relation ship between Parent ui selector and children ui selector.

Thank you for replying. I do understand the how the selectors work and understand about the relationship between parent and child. But I think the issue isn't that my selectors are wrong, its about the whole application itself. It simply doesn't show the child items inside the pane sometimes at all.

yoko2020
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Mokshazna wrote:

Thank you for replying. I do understand the how the selectors work and understand about the relationship between parent and child. But I think the issue isn't that my selectors are wrong, its about the whole application itself. It simply doesn't show the child items inside the pane sometimes at all.

Try capturing the element manually, don't use desktop recorder.

yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This isn't working either

Not working even after running it as administrator. The other thread you mentioned exactly has same issue but they had resolved saying "logged into PAD as administrator". Do we need a admin credentials or just my account with admin rights?

No, just run it as administrator solved that case (I replicated it)...

In my application's case it isnt working. I have doubt regarding using the admin privileges. My account has been added to admin roles. So even after trying to run as admin it isnt working. Is there any chance that removing the admin role for my account would work? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,808)