Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

UI Flow recorder not launching

Hi All

I have attempted this in both Edge and Chrome with both the same outcomes. 

This is my first attempt at testing this out.

I have installed the Microsoft Power automate extension. 

I go to My Flows, UI Flows (Preview). Click Create a UI flow. I select either Desktop App or Web App and Next.

I enter the flow name and base URL and click Launch Recorder and nothing happens.

In task Manager i can see the UIFlowService.exe, Microsoft.Flow.RPA.LauncherService.exe running.

After a few minutes I get the error 

We weren't able to find the UI flows browser extension running

Please make sure that UI flows is installed and that the browser extension is enabled to record your steps. Select Download to get the latest UI flows installer
 I have installed the Selenium IDE extension

Anyone got any other ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: UI Flow recorder not launching

@LeeJBS  excellent, most of the time personal computers has domain restictions or licence restriction.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @LeeJBS  please try to do it in another profile.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying. 

I have tried both different local windows profiles and browser profiles with both the same outcome.

Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi, I tested my RPA flows today and everithing is well so maeby you need to create a support ticket see if is not a internal problem

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We had a similar issue

are you in same environment as the on site data gateway and have you created a CDS database if you dont have one.

check that the corporate firewall is set to allow tcp domain names and ports.  search for data gateway ports and communication settings ;  search for limits and configuration in power automate under section connectors find your region for list of tcpip addresses, Look at Required Services;  search for limits and configuration in Azure Logic Apps under section FireWall configuration   find your region for list of inbound ip addresses  also Outbound IP Addresses for your region 

Search for system requirements, limits and config values for Power App  find IP Addresses and get your region then get your required services list ; Search for Power BI URL's for White Listing,   also get listing of PBI related external sites.   gather all the print outs the address and ports and visit the Nice Folks in IT, they can check that your ports are available.   Just Remain Calm it took 2 months to get IT to fix my issues

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@mgroeschen the only details is @LeeJBS  says that is using his personal computer.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all

I Spun up a vm in azure and ran it from there. with the gateway installed locally it works fine. That was my workaround to get it built.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@LeeJBS  excellent, most of the time personal computers has domain restictions or licence restriction.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,176)