cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

UI Flows Unattended - Gateway Timeout

Hello All, 

I am having an issue running UI Flows in unattended mode. 

I created a web UI flow and in attended mode it works flawlessly. If i am logged into the server i can see UI Flows open chrome and perform all the coded actions. 

The issue is when im not logged into the server - the UI flow never runs or completes. The flow fails with the below error after 2 minutes. 

{
  "error": {
    "code""GatewayTimeout",
    "message""The gateway did not receive a response within the specified time period."
  }
}

What is preventing the UI flow from logging in or creating the user session?
The On-Premises gateway works fine, however it is running under the default NT Service account. Does that need some kind of special access?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: UI Flows Unattended - Gateway Timeout

After much trial and error, we figured out the issue and i hope this helps someone else some day. 

The attached interactive logon policies were the ones preventing Power Automate from logging on. 

Once we removed these, everything started working fine.

If Microsoft could confirm the issue on their end and hopefully release a fix some day, it would be appreciated. I also let the reps working on our support ticket know the resolution. 

GPO Issue - Prevents Logon.png

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @erea,

Could you please show me your Flow configuration?

You could have a try to change the service account for the on-premises data gateway to check whether it could work:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-service-account

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I tried changing the gateway account to the account i remote in as to view "attended" jobs and it still does not work. 

Same result, attended works fine but unattended does not run at all. 

My configuration is below but please let me know if you need more. UI Flow COnfig.png

Thank you for the assistance

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just trying to keep this alive as i cannot the figure the issue out still.

This is a huge issue with Power Automate right now. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

so, weve identified the general cause of the problem. It looks like there is some kind of server security policy causing an issue. 

Everything looks fine when we investigate and cannot determine what is blocking Power Automate from creating the user session in unattended mode. 

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @erea 
thank you for your time reporting this problem.

Currently we considered it as a bug.

I'll keep on monitoring the bug and keep you posted.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Did you get this resolve? I am having the same issue with a new UI flow. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, and please let me know if there is anything that can be done in the meantime. 

As i mentioned, this is a security policy issue and going through each 1 by 1 is proving to be a huge time sink. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I was having high hope that the UI flow will automate a manual process that causes some bottleneck.

I have tried to run the UI flow in unattended and attended mode with no success. The only way to run it is in attended mode with the windows screen unlock, since if it is locked throws an error. But there is GPO that locks the screen when it is idle.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mg2019 

Thank you for your response.
Please walk through this document to have a better understanding about those modes: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/run-ui-flow#run-ui-flows-unattended-or-atte...

In case you are having a problem running UI flow and have never got succeeded please re-install the newest UI flow and try again.

After that if you are still facing the error, i would suggest you to open a ticket with Microsoft Support maybe i can take a look and help you.

Regarding the issue while running in Unattended mode. Currently, we are able to reproduce the issue and we are actively working on the investigation i'll keep you posted.

thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Geralt 

Thanks for your reply. I followed that link but with no success. I created a ticket at Microsoft and a support guy called me

to check the issue and he could not resolve it. 

This is the Service Request #: 120062924000075

Thanks
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

is there any update on this issue? A timeline as to when a fix will be implemented?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi.

Thank you for following up with this issue.

Unfortunately, we didn't manage to find the root cause of this issue. For now, we need to go with each customer to understand what is going on.

I would suggest you to create a support ticket with Microsoft.

Provide them the Gateway logs, 
Re-install UIFlows with log collection activated (will ease further troubleshooting from MS)
Zip and send the UI Flows log folder:  %programdata%\Microsoft\UI flows\Logs

and attached along with ticket

Ask them to reach the Product group for further investigation.

My apologies for the inconvenience if any.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello

I created a ticket with Microsoft and they could not fix the issue and determined that there was a bug. They did not provide any ETA but I was told that Microsoft is working on a solution.

This was their last email:

"As discussed we have run attended flows successfully without any issue but while running with unattended flows it throws an error as it is a  bug for now which is not supported. Our Product team is working on these unsupported features and making possible improvisations and would be fixing them in the next release."

I have not heard anything back from them so at this point, in our case, the UI flows tool is useless.

Thanks,

MG

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mg2019 

Please do raise a new ticket with Microsoft Support or re-open the previous one if you need it.

Also in the ticket please provide the info detail i shared before in the ticket, include a UI flow run details:

Geralt_0-1596014162164.jpeg

Please insist the support engineer to reach out to Production Group for UI flow since we have been investigating for every customer who facing this issue.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

After much trial and error, we figured out the issue and i hope this helps someone else some day. 

The attached interactive logon policies were the ones preventing Power Automate from logging on. 

Once we removed these, everything started working fine.

If Microsoft could confirm the issue on their end and hopefully release a fix some day, it would be appreciated. I also let the reps working on our support ticket know the resolution. 

GPO Issue - Prevents Logon.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @erea ,

It worked !! Thank you so much for sharing the solution.

Thanks once again.

MG

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

The root cause is we don't manage to create the user session to run the script for unattended scenario. This occurs when the interactive logon: message text/title for users attempting to log on policies are enabled.
The reason is simple: this is a message showing up when the session is created, but in unattended scenario, there is no users in front the screen to validate the message, thus the creation of the session will be stucked at that screen.

Regarding the fix, we are currently validating the solution. Hopefully, it will be available for the next august release.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That's great news! Do you know when the next August release would be released? Are there patch notes somewhere so we can track what is being fixed?

If this issue is going to be fixed soon then we can avoid changing our security policies which would be great. 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi everyone,

Issue is fixed with the new august release. The version 1.3.27.20224.

Thanks you all for your patience with us.

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,117)