cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masahiro07
Advocate I
Advocate I

UI automation actions fail when a screen saver works or if I minimize the RDP window.

Hi Experts, When I was creating a flow with PAD and checking the execution result, I confirmed following issues. If a flow is a little long, a certain amount of time may elapse during that time, and a screen saver automatically works on my PC (& locked) for security. In that case, actions that act on the active window (like "Send keys") and UI automation actions (like "Click UI element in window") fail every time, though Web automation actions(like "Click link on web page") succeed under the same situation. Also, even if the PC is not locked, if PAD is running on the Windows to which I logged in with RDP. (PAD is installed on the Windows I logged in to), In that case, if I minimize the RDP window on the operating PC, the above actions fail. Both cases succeed if they are displayed on the screen, such as by making a small window on the operating PC. Is the above a specification? Or is it a bug? It is very annoying to fail just by the screen saver and minimizing the RDP window.

1 REPLY 1
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Masahiro07 I suppose you can eliminate the locking / screensaver by moving mouse to random locations every now and then. Alternatively, you should disable it if possible.

If you use Power Automate in attended mode, then you should have the RDP window opened. Otherwise, if it runs in unattended mode, there should be no need for RDP.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,855)