cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markae99
Regular Visitor

UI element is not selected properly - error when populate text

Hi experts,

after some successful trials with PAD I have issues to populate a text field.  It seems to me that  the UI selection can't find the text field properly, the red frame is always slightly shifted and not properly centered on the text box. ( https://www.skynetworldwide.com/tracking.html)

My aim is to enter a Tracking number and to get the shipment information automatically - I implemented a similar flow for other pages and it works fine.

- how can I  adjust the  UI element manually ( I guess under 'edit selector'?)

do you have any idea? Thanks for your support!

3 REPLIES 3
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @markae99 ,

I noticed PAD having issue picking elements from second screen(if you're using 2 screens).

Try picking elements from screen 1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi sakula1996,

thanks for your idea - yes, I checked it already and tried everything only on screen 1, unfortunately without success. As mentioned before the issue occurs only with the mentioned  webside..

Any other ideas? Thanks a lot!

joshd111
Resolver I
Resolver I

@markae99 I have seen this occur as well on my sites. From what I recall, the red box being off doesn't matter. The real issue will be whether the element you CNTRL-click is the right element to populate. It may look like the right one on the screen, but there could be something hidden that PAD isn't picking up.

I suggest looking at this in the browser using Developer Tools (F12). Search for the label or element and see what is actually going on in the HTML / javascript code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,862)