cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
visheshjain
Frequent Visitor

UI elements from Java web app

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a flow in desktop based on a web application that is running on Java.

When I try to add a UI element in my flow it always selects the whole pane (see top right corner) and I am unable to select any UI elements on the page.

Please can anyone suggest how can I go about it getting the UI elements in the flow.

Here is a screenshot of the web app.

Screenshot (352).png

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

8 REPLIES 8
kinuasa
Resolver II
Resolver II

Would the following site be helpful?

*Automate Java applications - Power Automate
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/how-to/java

Hello @kinuasa,

Thank you for responding.

I'll keep in mind your solution for future use, but as of now it did not work.

The web app is probably using some old version of Java and as soon as I updated Java, in order to get the settings mentioned in the docs, the web app stopped working altogether.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Vishesh Jain

Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@visheshjain Could you please try automating it using sendkeys. I understand it will take time. However, if nothing works then sendkeys would be good option.

Hi @Ankesh_49,

I tried it already but  send keys is not a robust process as the process is quite long for extracting data for a single location.

On top of that the procedure will have to be repeated for every single location which is like 40+ times.

Thank you for responding.

Vishesh Jain

Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@visheshjain Would you mind trying below:

Ankesh_49_0-1656500433920.png

ryule
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

As @Ankesh_49 I have had to do images with Java apps as well, but obviously that doesn't work if your process is too dynamic.

If you need a double click, you can untoggle the click option and send a double click mouse event after it.

Hello,

I agree with @ryule that the process is too dynamic and taking pictures for multiple clicks will not work.

Thank you all for responding.

Vishesh Jain

ryule
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Not sure if you saw this, but there is some additional Java functionality in the latest release of PAD: https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-automate-for-desktop-june-2022-update/

Only applies to "SWT framework applications", which I know nothing about, but perhaps it may help.....I'm crossing my fingers it'll help out my java apps 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,285)