Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumeth_002
Regular Visitor

UI flows unattended issue

Annotation 2020-07-06 112743.png

hi guys , 
 i  am having the problem as you guys above picture , i cant access the unattended flow and error message show ( " There is a user session on the target machine. Cannot execute unattended UI Flow")  . but i tested that flow in attend mode its run successfully for me . 
thank you . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sumeth_002,

When you create UI flows, you run them either in attended or unattended mode. Unattended is best for applications that do not need human supervision.

When running unattended, UI flows automatically signs into the target devices that run Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019. Once the automation completes, UI flows signs out from the device and reports its activity in Power Automate.

When running attended, UI flows will use an existing Windows user session.

When you add a UI flow to a flow, you can choose whether you want your UI flow to run attended or unattended. Here are some key differences between attended and unattended runs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/run-ui-flow#unattended-mode

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sumeth_002,

When you create UI flows, you run them either in attended or unattended mode. Unattended is best for applications that do not need human supervision.

When running unattended, UI flows automatically signs into the target devices that run Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019. Once the automation completes, UI flows signs out from the device and reports its activity in Power Automate.

When running attended, UI flows will use an existing Windows user session.

When you add a UI flow to a flow, you can choose whether you want your UI flow to run attended or unattended. Here are some key differences between attended and unattended runs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/run-ui-flow#unattended-mode

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

HEATFreight
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for the TOTAL NON-SOLUTION 👍🤦‍😵

Gauravmahajan
Frequent Visitor

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add some clarity to the answer. Essentially these from the referenced link answer the question:

"To run unattended UI flows, the target machine needs to be available with all users signed out."

and 

"Locked Windows user sessions will prevent UI flows from running."

This guidance from Microsoft also helps troubleshoot other issues related to running unattended flows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/integration/considerations-unattended-autom...

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.  I cannot afford to purchase unattended premium license.  If attended can run while a destination desktop is running with unlocked user session, can we not change the desktop setting to not close any user session?  I've been googling to find a way to keep a user session in Windows 10 going indefinitely (not log off, not sleep?) but cannot find any good one.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,310)