cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PentaGalDad77
Frequent Visitor

Unable to check/uncheck Excel Add-ins

In my Power Automate Desktop flow, I need to run Excel and load an Excel Add-in as part of the flow. I was able to add the UI elements associated with the Add-ins window, including the checkbox element. I use the "Set checkbox state in window" action to try and load a specific add-in. On execution of the flow I get no errors, but the checkbox does not get checked and thus the Add-in does not load. 

Excel Add-in Window.jpg

Set Checkbox Window.jpg

I have tried by building the flow actions myself and also by using the Desktop Recorder. I get the same result, the checkbox does not get set. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abdndamo
Regular Visitor

Hi @PentaGalDad77 

I tried the same, and changed the state of the check box from the default of unchecked to checked it didn't update.  However, you can use a space to update check boxes in real life, so I simply sent the space key and it checked OK.

abdndamo_0-1615061759208.png

Cheers,

Damien (DamoBird365)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abdndamo
Regular Visitor

Hi @PentaGalDad77 

I tried the same, and changed the state of the check box from the default of unchecked to checked it didn't update.  However, you can use a space to update check boxes in real life, so I simply sent the space key and it checked OK.

abdndamo_0-1615061759208.png

Cheers,

Damien (DamoBird365)

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this. Your suggestion was a simple yet brilliant fix to my problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,520)