cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKS_09
Regular Visitor

Unable to select drop down value from list

Hello there,

I am new to Power Automate Desktop. I was just wondering on what can be the reason i am sometimes unable to select the value from the drop-down list. 

The error i got is such as this :-

PKS_09_0-1632852851801.png

Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.SDK.ActionException: Failed to select option(s). ---> System.Exception: List doesn't contain option 'DDM Test'.
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.SelectOptionByName(IWebAutomationBrowser browserFacade, ListVariantBase optionsToSelect, String cssSelector, Boolean wait, Boolean isMultiSelectList)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.<>c__DisplayClass24_0.<SetDropDownListValueOnWebPage>g__CoreFunction|0(Boolean wait, IWebAutomationBrowser browser)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.<>c__DisplayClass20_1.<ExecuteWebAutomationActionCore>b__0()
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Shared.Runtime.Utilities.Clock[T](Int64 maxMillisecondsToWait, Int32 step, Func`1 action, Func`2 successCondition)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.ExecuteWebAutomationActionCore(IWebExtensionsBrowser webExtensionsBrowser, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, Int32 courseOfActionIfDialogAppears, TextVariant dialogButtonToPress, Func`3 coreFunction)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.ExecuteWebAutomationAction(IWebBrowserInstanceVariant webBrowserInstanceVariant, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, TextVariant dialogButtonToPress, WebPageCourseOfActionIfDialogAppearsEnum courseOfActionIfDialogAppears, Func`3 coreFunction)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.SetDropDownListValueOnWebPage(WebBrowserInstanceVariant webBrowserInstanceVariant, TextVariant cssSelectorForDropDownListElement, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, TextVariant dialogButtonToPress, WebPageCourseOfActionIfDialogAppearsEnum courseOfActionIfDialogAppears, WebPageDropDownListOperation dropDownListOperation, ListVariantBase optionsToSelect)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationActions.SetDropDownListValueOnWebPage(Variant webBrowserInstance, Variant cssSelectorForDropDownListElement, Variant optionsNames, Variant optionsIndeces, Variant dialogButtonToPress, Int32 dropDownListOperation, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, Int32 courseOfActionIfDialogAppears)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.SetDropDownListValueBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

I recorded the steps through Web Recorder. Just last week the drop down list was functioning. But its not functioning now.

This happened before to other drop down list too. Is there a known bug for this? Also, how can i prevent this? Any suggestions is greatly welcomed. Thank you in advance! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PKS_09 

The error message says "List doesn't contain option 'DDM Test'", so I think that current HTML is different from when it was functioning.

Inspect HTML code of page content, and redefine your UI element selector, or input value of your variable for specifying option item.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,455)