cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAutomate
Frequent Visitor

Unattended Web Automation Error Status Code 400

Hi,

I am using a scheduled cloud flow to call a flow built with Power Automate Desktop. The flow is successfully triggered, uses a gateway connection to a remote desktop, the PAD process kicks off, and fails on a button press action.

Error details: "Problem while executing action 'PressButton'. Button-press failed.:"

TAutomate_0-1615505143338.png

When I run the process inside of PAD it works smoothly with no issues 9/10 times. When I run the cloud flow in "Attended" mode it runs successfully as well. As soon I switch to unattended the error occurs. 

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks for the time.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jogden1
Helper I
Helper I

Have you tried setting the focus to the browser window in PAD?

View solution in original post

jogden1
Helper I
Helper I

@TAutomate , It is more of a theory than anything. A few years ago I ran automation via UFT(QTP) on remote systems. When I would kick them off manually they would run fine (attended mode) but when I would let me go on their own (unattended) via a loop that would check for new rerecords before launching the macro it would fail. I noticed the focus was always on the UFT window when this would happen so I set the focus to the browser after launch and it worked. 

I have not gotten this far with PA/ PAD yet as I am new to this platform but it is on my list for stage 2 of my flows, 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jogden1
Helper I
Helper I

Have you tried setting the focus to the browser window in PAD?

I think the window is already focused. I have successful actions on the browser in unattended mode prior to this action failing. Even a few successful button clicks. If it helps, this specific button click is an option in a drop down menu. 

However, as I mentioned it runs successfully in PAD, fails in unattended mode. Is there a reason focusing the window would be optimized for unattended runs?

jogden1
Helper I
Helper I

@TAutomate , It is more of a theory than anything. A few years ago I ran automation via UFT(QTP) on remote systems. When I would kick them off manually they would run fine (attended mode) but when I would let me go on their own (unattended) via a loop that would check for new rerecords before launching the macro it would fail. I noticed the focus was always on the UFT window when this would happen so I set the focus to the browser after launch and it worked. 

I have not gotten this far with PA/ PAD yet as I am new to this platform but it is on my list for stage 2 of my flows, 

Turns out this worked, thank you!

jogden1
Helper I
Helper I

Awesome, glad it worked. 

vxo15
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I am running into the same issue and can not figure out how to focus my browser. How do you focus to the browser window in PAD?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,570)