Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilGlew
Helper III
Helper III

Unattended flow on AVD - Cannot create new session to execute unattended run

Hi all,

I have a PAD flow which is connected to an Azure Virtual Desktop machine. The environment has the Unattended RPA add-on, and the machine is connected. Our AVD network and our physical devices are not domain joined. 

Every time I start the flow (via Power Automate) to start the PAD flow (unattended) on the AVD, it fails with reason "Cannot create new session to execute unattended run".  The PAD flow connection is set to "Direct to machine".

We have looked at everything, including the firewall, machine runtime, connection of the AVD; and we have even spun up a multi-session AVD to see if that would make any difference, and the answer is always the same... Cannot create new session to execute unattended run.

In addition, my laptop is an MMD device and I have tried setting the PAD flow's connection to this machine as well, but still the same error. I cannot see why I would need a Gateway, as I have no need to connect to any on-premise data. 

What is causing the issue? 

All thoughts/solutions/suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @PhilGlew 

Don't know if it is fully relevant to your issue but the troubleshooting tips on this link has something to do with cannot create new session messages.

For another user here it was due to Duo login security.

Most of the links talk about a gateway so not sure if that is needed in your case.

JamesP_MSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

@PhilGlew if the provided answer fixed your issue, please mark the thread as resolved.
Thank you.

elaaboum
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PhilGlew , are you still facing that issue ? if yes, could please provide the run Id of the failing desktop flow ? (see screenshot below)!

elaaboum_0-1651847041617.png

Have sent to you as PM @elaaboum  - Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,006)