cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YukoNojiri
Regular Visitor

Unknown Action

Hello.
In PowerAutomateDesktop, I copied and pasted a flow I had already created into a text file.
Then I copied and pasted it into a new flow in PowerAutomateDesktop.
The flow used to display properly, but yesterday I started getting an error message saying "Unknown Action".
I am using the latest version.
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you for your cooperation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henrik_M
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The PAD you copied the code from was probably version 2.14, while the PAD you copied into was 2.13.

They are not directly compatible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Henrik_M
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The PAD you copied the code from was probably version 2.14, while the PAD you copied into was 2.13.

They are not directly compatible.

Thank you very much for your response.

Your suggestion that there is no direct compatibility between PAD versions 2.13 and 2.14 has helped me to understand the cause of the error.
The PAD itself is backward compatible, so flows created before version 2.13 can be executed in version 2.14. However, I have copied and pasted the code created in version 2.13 into a text file, and of course that text file has not been updated to be suitable for version 2.14. Is this understanding correct?
I solved the problem by copying and pasting the code of the flow opened in version 2.14 PAD to the text file again.

I'm not good at English, so I apologize if this is rude.

Thank you very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,962)