Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CesarRamirez
Helper I
Helper I

Update to Lastest PAD Version without lost the Flows

Hi,
I want to update to the lastest Power Automate Desktop version, and I want to be completely sure won't lose the flows developed.
- Is there way to do backup in preview version? (I don't have conexión with Power Automate, because I have no posible to install gateway)
Thanks in advance for any recomendation to be sure.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Tejashree_G
Helper I
Helper I

@CesarRamirez 

When i update a latest version of PAD for safe side i'm already shared my flow with my colleague, but i did't lose my any workflow after updating a new version.

View solution in original post

Thanks @Tejashree_G ,

Indeed, I tried on another computer ... and we only have to install the latest version, without uninstalling the previous one, to update. And no flow is lost.

5 REPLIES 5
Tejashree_G
Helper I
Helper I

@CesarRamirez 

When i update a latest version of PAD for safe side i'm already shared my flow with my colleague, but i did't lose my any workflow after updating a new version.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

If you are using a personal Microsoft account, then flows are stored within your OneDrive (Apps\Power Automate Desktop For Windows), which you can backup.

Thanks @Tejashree_G ,

Indeed, I tried on another computer ... and we only have to install the latest version, without uninstalling the previous one, to update. And no flow is lost.

@fraenKThis is automatic or what should I do to get those flows stored in OneDrive?
How I link my PAD (preview version) with my personal OneDrive?

Thanks

If you are using a personal Microsoft account then flows are automatically saved to OneDrive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,597)