Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CesarRamirez
Helper I
Helper I

Update to Lastest PAD Version without lost the Flows

Hi,
I want to update to the lastest Power Automate Desktop version, and I want to be completely sure won't lose the flows developed.
- Is there way to do backup in preview version? (I don't have conexión with Power Automate, because I have no posible to install gateway)
Thanks in advance for any recomendation to be sure.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Tejashree_G
Helper I
Helper I

@CesarRamirez 

When i update a latest version of PAD for safe side i'm already shared my flow with my colleague, but i did't lose my any workflow after updating a new version.

View solution in original post

Thanks @Tejashree_G ,

Indeed, I tried on another computer ... and we only have to install the latest version, without uninstalling the previous one, to update. And no flow is lost.

5 REPLIES 5
Tejashree_G
Helper I
Helper I

@CesarRamirez 

When i update a latest version of PAD for safe side i'm already shared my flow with my colleague, but i did't lose my any workflow after updating a new version.

fraenK
Super User
Super User

If you are using a personal Microsoft account, then flows are stored within your OneDrive (Apps\Power Automate Desktop For Windows), which you can backup.

Thanks @Tejashree_G ,

Indeed, I tried on another computer ... and we only have to install the latest version, without uninstalling the previous one, to update. And no flow is lost.

@fraenKThis is automatic or what should I do to get those flows stored in OneDrive?
How I link my PAD (preview version) with my personal OneDrive?

Thanks

If you are using a personal Microsoft account then flows are automatically saved to OneDrive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,927)