cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmmille25
Frequent Visitor

Use SharePoint List as a list to pass through Variables into Web Automation

Godo morning!

My apologies to the community. I'm new to this tool and might not fully understand the lingo. I do have a coding background and have performed quite a bit of web automation - but never through PAD.

We are looking to create the following workflow - 

(This part is completed)

1. Users complete an MS Form to submit their request for access to an LMS. A web flow is initiated when the form is submitted and dumps the information into a SharePoint List and sends an email to the administrator of the tool to add the new user to the web-based LMS platform.

(This part is not completed)

1. We need to create an 'instant' cloud flow when the above step is completed that will pull all of the information in the row from the SPO list (created in the step above) and bring it into PAD so that we can use those fields as variables to pass through form filling web automation (creating an account in the LMS). 
  2. Send the new user an email with a confirmation that they were added and instructions on how to use the new tool.

I have a premium account for the purposes of calling a PAD flow from a Web Flow (which requires a premium subscription). I'm not sure how to get the data from the SPO list into PAD and then perform the web automation. To my knowledge, there isn't action like in Power Automate that 'gets' data from an SPO list in PAD. 

Does anyone have any idea how to set this up successfully? Is this possible with PA and PAD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kaif_Siddique
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Kmmille25 ,

Store MS Form values to Excel(One Drive) then call the Desktop Flow. Now read Last Row in from excel and update to Web Page.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Kaif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gidi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

have you already tried to use in Power Automate Desktop an input variable from type list and provide the list data from calling cloud flow?

Hi Gidi,

I'm not sure how that would look in PAD. Is there a way I could set that up to test it?

Kaif_Siddique
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Kmmille25 ,

Store MS Form values to Excel(One Drive) then call the Desktop Flow. Now read Last Row in from excel and update to Web Page.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Kaif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,813)