cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon2249
Frequent Visitor

Visit Link in Excel based on User Input

I am new to PowerAutomate Desktop so please excuse me.

I am requesting the user to enter in a hotel Name in a  display input dialog. Lets Say they put in Benjamin. I would like Power Automate to copy the link in E4 and open in the browser. I was not sure if i should set the whole excel document as a variable path or if there is an easier way to do this. Thanks for your insight.

jon2249_2-1653343397507.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Launch Excel

Get first free row

Read from Excel C2 to C & %FirstFreeRow - 1% 'this is our list of hotels

Display select from list Dialog:

MichaelAnnis_1-1653345669510.png

Here is what the result looks like:

MichaelAnnis_0-1653345655814.png

This makes it so they can't make a bad selection.

Then, Read from Excel E & %SelectedIndex + 2% 'remember, indexes are 0 based, so Courtyard is 0, Residence Inn is 1, and so on.  So we add 2 to this index to get back to the corresponding row.  The URL for Courtyard is on E2 or E(0 + 2) where 0 is the %SelectedIndex%.

In my example, I selected Benjamin, Index 2, and %ExcelData2% brought back www.benjaminhotel.com:

MichaelAnnis_2-1653346049491.png

Then, just Launch Chrome with %ExcelData2% and you should be good to go.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Launch Excel

Get first free row

Read from Excel C2 to C & %FirstFreeRow - 1% 'this is our list of hotels

Display select from list Dialog:

MichaelAnnis_1-1653345669510.png

Here is what the result looks like:

MichaelAnnis_0-1653345655814.png

This makes it so they can't make a bad selection.

Then, Read from Excel E & %SelectedIndex + 2% 'remember, indexes are 0 based, so Courtyard is 0, Residence Inn is 1, and so on.  So we add 2 to this index to get back to the corresponding row.  The URL for Courtyard is on E2 or E(0 + 2) where 0 is the %SelectedIndex%.

In my example, I selected Benjamin, Index 2, and %ExcelData2% brought back www.benjaminhotel.com:

MichaelAnnis_2-1653346049491.png

Then, just Launch Chrome with %ExcelData2% and you should be good to go.

Best of luck!

jon2249
Frequent Visitor

Michael,

You are amazing. I spent way too long on this and would have never been able to come about this. I obviously have a lot to learn and will continue to review Youtube Videos. I cant thank you enough!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,564)