cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hegdesaspect

Wait For Shortcut Key | On Specific Window

I want to Wait for shortcut key "only" when a specific Window is is in focus. And when the window is out of focus, I do not want Wait for shortcut key to be active. In other words, some shortcut keys should be valid only for a specific window and when that window is out of focus, I want to disable those shortcut keys and make them as normal keys for other windows.

How do I do this? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

I would do it the other way around. Have the shortcut key be your activation for PAD. When it gets the shortcut key command, then it checks, “If window is in focus, do something, else, go (back) to Label (WaitingForShortcutKey). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

I would do it the other way around. Have the shortcut key be your activation for PAD. When it gets the shortcut key command, then it checks, “If window is in focus, do something, else, go (back) to Label (WaitingForShortcutKey). 

I am so new to Power Automate that I just understood that PAD stands for Power Automate Desktop. Hope I am right there.

@MichaelAnnis wrote:

Have the shortcut key be your activation for PAD.

This is exactly what I want to know. How do I make the shortcut key be the activation for PAD?

Thank you so much!

I believe there is a pause/resume hotkey setting in the dashboard settings. I believe the default is Control Shift T. 

hegdesaspect

Hmm. I understood what you are telling. However, this does not work for what I am doing as there is a delay in pause/resume and it is not as fast as when PAD is always running.

I am trying to add keyboard shortcuts to select pen colour in Microsoft Whiteboard. I know Microsoft sometimes wants to highlight their shortcomings and no key shortcut to select pen colour is one of them.

I have successfully added the flows. All working fine. But at times, I have to write (text) too on another window (quick Alt + Tab) and the shortcuts keys are hijacked by PAD. I was using a single key shortcut so that colour selection is extremely fast during presentation. Lile I press "w" and pen is white... and while drawing, I quickly press "b" to change to Blue and the entire flow is all so smooth and so quick.

Any solution to this? In other words, requirements are:

1. Single key shortcuts
  2. As fast as when the flow is running
  3. Shortcuts active only when Microsoft Whiteboard is in focus

Otherwise, only workaround is to have a multi key shortcut (Ctrl/Alt/Shift/combo) that are usually not in other apps.

hegdesaspect

@MichaelAnnis 

I just can't believe this! After years, Microsoft today updated Whiteboard with native keyboard shortcuts! So PAD workaround is not necessary. However, thanks so much for your tips. I have accepted that a solution as it indeed solves the problems though with minor performance issues. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,307)