cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Web UI Flow - click timed out after 60 seconds

Hi, I have a simple UI Web flow that contains a click a button step to load some data which sometimes fails. This happens when it takes more than 60 seconds to get a response from the server. When I run the script in Selenium IDE I can see that it takes more than 60 seconds to load a page but it doesn't fail. Is there a way to increase timeout of the WebDriver requests? I've been trying to solve this issue for few days now, but haven't found any solution. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks This is the log of the error: {"name":"8901f194-f819-4dda-86fa-fa6feef7e546","inputs":{"command":"click","target":"css=.filter_submit"},"startTime":"2020-07-17T16:39:03.9238975Z","endTime":"2020-07-17T16:40:04.0036936Z","status":"Failed","error":{"code":"GeneralSeleniumScriptExecutionError","message":"Script execution failed with exception: OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:60281/session/f1a0cb50ead842dc272c50439f8839b7/element/ca4d9e47-fdc2-4cbb-8282-981241b62528/click timed out after 60 seconds. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out\r\n at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.MakeHttpRequest(HttpRequestInfo requestInfo)\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.MakeHttpRequest(HttpRequestInfo requestInfo)\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.Execute(Command commandToExecute)\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.DriverServiceCommandExecutor.Execute(Command commandToExecute)\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)\r\n at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebElement.Execute(String commandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Selenium.SeleniumWebDriverExecutor.RunClick(SideLocator target)\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Selenium.SeleniumRunnerVisitor.<>c__DisplayClass146_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Selenium.Utils.WaitUtils.d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Selenium.SeleniumRunnerVisitor.d__64.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.SeleniumIDE.Common.SideCommandVisitorExtensions.d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Selenium.SeleniumRunnerVisitor.d__138.MoveNext()"},"contextData":[{"type":"Screenshot","valueType":"BinaryReference","value":"7770dd6f-8ec8-4614-9cff-b2f2f73eb20d","metadata":{"mimeType":"image/gif"}}]}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a response from Microsoft support saying that this is a know issue and they have many incidents reported for this. Unfortunately, this is not being supported at this moment, and they've created a bug to update the documentation. 

After more digging, I found a workaround for the issue that works in my case using execute script command. As the step that was failing was a form submit this is what i did in Selenium IDE:

command

execute script 

with target 

setTimeout(function(){ document.getElementById('formName').sumbit(); return true; }, 10000);

It was failing without setTimeout, also it was failing when I used execute script async command. 

Anyway, hope this can help. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a response from Microsoft support saying that this is a know issue and they have many incidents reported for this. Unfortunately, this is not being supported at this moment, and they've created a bug to update the documentation. 

After more digging, I found a workaround for the issue that works in my case using execute script command. As the step that was failing was a form submit this is what i did in Selenium IDE:

command

execute script 

with target 

setTimeout(function(){ document.getElementById('formName').sumbit(); return true; }, 10000);

It was failing without setTimeout, also it was failing when I used execute script async command. 

Anyway, hope this can help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,390)