cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MakeitAuto

Webpage has two forms with the same name hidden behind accordions..can't target the second form

HI all,

I'm just starting to learn Power Automate to help my organization with testing.

I am trying to populate a form with text which usually seems straight forward.

Unfortunately, there are identical forms on the page with the same name (see images)

Whenever I try to populate the second form (even with the accordion closed). The search field in the 'Full Access' tab is populated.

I have manually added the field etc and since they are named the same I assume that's the issue.

I even tried working around it by using move mouse to image but I get 'Image not found'.

Any tips? (sadly I don't have the ability to change the html / naming etc as it is a vendor provided website)

forms.pngfull.pngsendas.png

Element is listed like this:

<input id="searchBox" type="text" class="form-control ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-empty" placeholder="textboxtext" ng-model="searchTerm" csb-enter="filter.doFilteredSearch()">

Thank you

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @MakeitAuto 

If the text boxes have the exact same attributes then try ticking the ordinal attribute in the selectors and then increasing its value (play around with the values).

If that doesnt work then click or place the focus on the 2nd Name box and then hit a TAB via sendkeys to go to the 2nd Search box.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VJR
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @MakeitAuto 

If the text boxes have the exact same attributes then try ticking the ordinal attribute in the selectors and then increasing its value (play around with the values).

If that doesnt work then click or place the focus on the 2nd Name box and then hit a TAB via sendkeys to go to the 2nd Search box.

View solution in original post

Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Can you post the full HTML code?

VJR
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Which html code are you referring to @Henrik_M 

I do not have webpage you are trying to access so cannot post that.

The code from OP's web page problem 🥰

VJR
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Henrik_M , sorry I thought you were the OP and was not sure why were you asking the html code ..😀

so lets wait to hear back from @MakeitAuto 

MakeitAuto

Cheers, the tab option was going to be my original solution but I couldn't get them to work.

Since I have changed to MS Edge key sends work so I will go with that solution... Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,047)