cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

Welcome to the Power Automate Desktop forum board!

Welcome to Power Automate Desktop (preview), a new desktop-based robotic process automate (RPA) authoring solution that expands low-code automation capabilities for everyone in an organization.

Here are some helpful links to get you started!

The Announcement Blog post

The Power Automate RPA webpage with more information

Power Automate Desktop documentation

Getting Started Video Series

Download RPA In a day training: RPA in a day training

Please feel free to post discussion and questions relating to Power automate Desktop and its uses in this forum.

As always, reach out to  @GabrielStJohn for help or concerns with the community site!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Suhaib 

You could sign into PAD with a work or school account. Please find below all the prerequisites:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/setup#prerequisites

Regarding the error, could you share some more information? a screenshot of the error would also be helpful.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RodrigoEsquivel
Helper I
Helper I

Good day.... I just want to know if POwer Automate Desktop has the capability to import task created  by Win Automation.   Rgds.

Hi @RodrigoEsquivel 

This feature would be very useful indeed.

The Power Automate Desktop team is currently working on a migration tool that will help us import a WinAutomation Process into PAD. The first version is going to be available within the following months.

I hope the above helps!

Thanks a lot for the response.

Suhaib

Dear Mr. Admin,

Well does desktop version supports personal accounts like mine?

and please do you know why testing the "I'll perform the trigger action" keeps waiting until it give "flow run time out..."

is that related to connection speed as an example ?

thanks in advance

Hi @Suhaib 

You could sign into PAD with a work or school account. Please find below all the prerequisites:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/setup#prerequisites

Regarding the error, could you share some more information? a screenshot of the error would also be helpful.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

rschneider12345
Frequent Visitor

I am having a Power Automate Desktop (Preview) launch issue.  I have updated .NET to 4.8 and reinstalled Power Automate Desktop / UiFlows several times.

UiFlow Version:

OS Version:

1803 (OS Build 17134. 1845)

.NET 4.8 version 

Event Viewer Error:

Message = Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)
Error = System.Exception
Full text = System.Exception: Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)
at Windows.UI.ViewManagement.UISettings.add_TextScaleFactorChanged(TypedEventHandler`2 handler)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.WindowsRuntimeMarshal.NativeOrStaticEventRegistrationImpl.AddEventHandler[T](Func`2 addMethod, Action`1 removeMethod, T handler)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.WindowsRuntimeMarshal.AddEventHandler[T](Func`2 addMethod, Action`1 removeMethod, T handler)
at WinAutomation.UI.Common.FontSizeManager.Register(ResourceDictionary dictionary) in D:\a\1\s\src\WinAutomation.Desktop\WinAutomation.UI.Common\FontSizeManager.cs:line 35
at WinAutomation.Console.Host.App.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<OnStartup>g__OnStartupInternal|0() in D:\a\1\s\src\WinAutomation.Desktop\WinAutomation.Console\WinAutomation.Console.Host\App.xaml.cs:line 94
at WinAutomation.Logging.LoggerTraceOperationExtensions.TraceOperation[T](ILogger`1 logger, String methodName, Action logEventAction, Action func, Func`1 getSuccessMessage, Func`2 getFailureMessage, LogData[] data) in D:\a\1\s\src\WinAutomation.Desktop\WinAutomation.Logging\LoggerTraceOperationExtensions.cs:line 80
at WinAutomation.Console.Host.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\src\WinAutomation.Desktop\WinAutomation.Console\WinAutomation.Console.Host\App.xaml.cs:line 61
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Radhika1
Helper III
Helper III

Whenever I run the flow which contains 'Launch Excel' action, I am getting the error saying that

'Failed to open Excel document '(Excel launching error.)'.

I updated my PAD to its latest version, still I am facing this issue.

Please suggest me a solution. Without resolving the issue, I cannot go ahead with the flow.

David_1985

Hi Team,

I am having Power Automate installation issue. I have uninstalled .net and restarted and installed the PAD but the installation is not competed.There's a problem installing.

[39F4:39F8][2021-04-13T08:37:44]e000: Apply completion Failed.Code: 0x80070643. Status code: Unexpected. Message: Service 'UIFlowService' (UIFlowService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services..
[39F4:39F8][2021-04-13T08:37:44]i399: Apply complete, result: 0x80070643, restart: None, ba requested restart: No

mikebutler3030

Hi, 

I'm new to Power Automate Desktop and having problems getting UI element to be recognized in a "Press button on web page" or "Click download link on web page".  I does show up in the UI element tab to the right. Any advice on getting to that next step would be appreciated. 

Mike,

Commonly, I have found that what I think should be a web element is actually a UI element, so try "Click UI element" in window if the element is not appearing under "Press button on web page".  Good luck.

MichaelAnnis
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Radhika,

The only open Excel failure I have had was having redundant "Attach to Excel" actions where it told me "the file did not exist" simply because it was already the front Excel file.  It doesn't sound like this is your issue. 

Was it working before, or has "Launch Excel" never worked?

If it has never worked, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling your Microsoft Office products, it is possible that you are missing a driver.  I also don't know the underlying code to "Launch Excel", but I imagine it believes your Excel.exe is located in some variant similar to this address:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE"...if Excel.exe is not located in your C:\Program Files folder, it is possible that is also causing an issue.

Best of luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,193)