cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alessa

When writing in excel power automate adds "@"

Hey everyone!

I´m new to Power Automate and am trying to calculate the calender week from a given date in excel. However when writing the formula (in German it´s "=KALENDERWOCHE(D1;21)") power automate (or excel, I´m not sure) adds "@" in between "=" and "KALENDERWOCHE" (in the end it´s: "=@KALENDERWOCHE(D1;21)"). This is causing problems with the flow since I have to click on the field and then somewhere else. After that I´m asked if I want to keep the "@" and after saying yes or no it both works. However I would like to solve this problem without having to let the flow do all that, since there are a lot of fields I want to calculate the calender week for.

Does anyone has a solution?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dominikmad
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have you tried using the "Legt Text aus Zwischenablage fest" (in english: set text to clipboard) function? Set it to the required "whole" string ("=Kalenderwoche(D1;21") and instead of typing it, then, use the function "Ruft Text aus Zwischenablage ab" (in english: pase text from clipboard) to paste it in the correct field. He shouldnt ask you for any formating then.

(so instead of writing the whole thing out, set the clipboard (zwischenablage) to the required text and then paste it in the field)

Also id assume you already do that, but make sure the flow writes the values here instead of here:

dominikmad_0-1651737532321.png

Excel likes to be stupid with formatting. If you're lucky that will solve it, if it doesnt, please get back to me and i'll try to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dominikmad
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have you tried using the "Legt Text aus Zwischenablage fest" (in english: set text to clipboard) function? Set it to the required "whole" string ("=Kalenderwoche(D1;21") and instead of typing it, then, use the function "Ruft Text aus Zwischenablage ab" (in english: pase text from clipboard) to paste it in the correct field. He shouldnt ask you for any formating then.

(so instead of writing the whole thing out, set the clipboard (zwischenablage) to the required text and then paste it in the field)

Also id assume you already do that, but make sure the flow writes the values here instead of here:

dominikmad_0-1651737532321.png

Excel likes to be stupid with formatting. If you're lucky that will solve it, if it doesnt, please get back to me and i'll try to help.

alessa

Thanks!

So I tried your solution copying the text from the clipboard, which works perfectly. Thank you!

I am still curious though. I am using the "In Excel-Arbeitsblatt schreiben" ("Write to excel worksheet") function. I´d assume this writes in the cell and not in the line above you mentioned. Is there another function I can use for that or would I have to position the mouse there and then write?

dominikmad
Advocate I
Advocate I

You could use the "Click on UI Element" function, if its always in the same collums (for example C4 etc.).

"In Excel-Arbeitsblatt schreiben", would be the right way to do it, but there is really no right or wrong. It always depends on the Flow and the end result you want to achieve

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,621)