cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tc_procare
Frequent Visitor

(Windows 11) Web form filling and 'get element' actions hanging

I'm pretty stumped at the moment, I have a flow that runs through a ASPX site and creates objects that I need to edit further in a popup window. I accomplish this by creating a new browser instance (chrome) and fetching the window by name.

I need to add a way to validate content in this window to decide the following actions, but the actions to Extract or "Get details of element on web page" are literally hanging up the flow... No errors, it just sits there and ticks away (the timer of the flow run that is). After implementing a workaround, I get the same hangup with "Populate text field" as well, just sitting idle with no errors mid-run.

I can refresh the page manually, but that proceeds to the next step without retrieving a value. I nested this in an "onblockerror" set to loop it back over when an error is triggered (at this stage, the errors can be plentiful), and after that first refresh it will not hang up, but the cycle is doomed to repeat when a new popup is generated.

Anyone else run into any issues like this? I know my setup here is pretty unique, but I could have swore I was running a little more smooth before this last update came out.

1 REPLY 1
tc_procare
Frequent Visitor

Update: to make things interesting, these issues are ONLY present on my Windows 11 Pro laptop (i5, 16gb ram).

I run this from my Windows 10 Pro desktop (i5, 16gb ram) instead, the elements are extracted correctly and the browser doesn't hang at all...

Perhaps a Windows 11 client bug?

Digging deeper the 'Get details...' action, when it would read the element it would not see any text past a next line (\n) modifier in the strings...

In windows 10 it doesn't care and saves it all to the variable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,879)