cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soumiya
Helper I
Helper I

add button does not work

I am trying to automate on of CRM where once the data is populated into fields need to press on ADD button to add the data.

Tried with press button, Click ui element and also tried with hotkey Enter still i am not able to achieve. The selector remains constant for button but not sure why its throwing error.

selector:

body > div[Class="main-page bubble-element Page"] >
div[Class="bubble-r-line"]:eq(1) > div[Class="bubble-r-box"] >
div[Class="bubble-element Group"] > div[Class="bubble-r-line"]:eq(1) >
div[Class="bubble-r-box"]:eq(0) > button[Class="bubble-element Button clickable-element"][Type="submit"]

Please do suggest some way to solve the issues. Thanks in Advance

Regards

Soumiya

3 REPLIES 3
adijain
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @soumiya ,

It would be helpful if you could share the exact error message that you receive in PAD. But, if you are getting an "Element not found" error, Power Automate Desktop has a selector builder tool to assist in customizing selectors according to the target element's CSS path on the web page. Using this tool and looking at the HTML source code behind the CRM can help discover different attributes that can be set to access target element (add button) correctly. Along with other variations of selectors you can use, my suggestion would be to try the below as well:

• button[Type="submit"]
  • button[Class="bubble-element Button clickable-element"][Type="submit"]
  • div[Class="bubble-r-box"]:eq(0) > button[Class="bubble-element Button clickable-element"][Type="submit"]

Hope the above makes sense!

Thanks for Your reply...

@adijain 

Would you please let me know the tool that allows us to give the selector directly

Regards

soumiya

Hello @soumiya, Once you open up the selector builder tool to edit a selector of an element, click on the toggle button as shown below at the left bottom of the window (next to the text Custom - although you might have some other text visible there due to variations in our PAD versions):

adijain_0-1602728140351.png

Then a text window will open up that contains the selector that can be directly edited by you (screenshot below).

adijain_1-1602728430188.png

Here you can input variety of different attributes, values or even parse variables to the selector as per your use case. This allows full flexibility in building selectors to make sure that your UI flows run successfully consistently.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,384)