cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazar1
Regular Visitor

how to share flows created with Power automate desktop?

hi,
Regards to power automate desktop can you please advise me how to share/copy my flows with someone else?
Is this possible, or the flow should be created from zero on another instance (user/pc)?
I saw in power automate platform there is a share option but in PAD is missing; or should I go premium for this feature? 
Also I couldn't find where my flows are saved locally (including the UI elements used).
I looked into program path but nothing found; what kind of files does PAD creates with its flows? what is the extension ? for power bi it is a pbi files, but what it is in PAD case ?

thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Either use solutions as mentioned by Sundeep_Malik above or:

Do the following:

- Go into your Automation

- Press CTRL+A

- Press CTRL+C

Create a .txt folder on your PC, name it something relevant

-Open the .txt file and press CTRL+V (basically paste the automation into the .txt file)

This will have all the information of the Subflow you've just copied, e.g. Main,

*if you've got more subflows in your automation, you'll need to copy them individually by going into each one and doing the steps above again. (I've got an automation to do this if you've got a huge amount of subflows, read further here:https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Power-Automate-Desktop-PAD-Automatic-Ext...)

Do this and send them to the person you want to share this with, then tell them to go into the .txt file(s), press CTRL+A, CTRL+C and left click into an empty space in an empty automation and press CTRL+V to paste the entire automation you've sent them, this will include all the UI Elements, images, variables, etc.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can try adding it in a solution and send it to the person you want to send it to. Just export the solution first and then send the zip file to the person you want to share it with. And on his end make him import it. Rest there can be other methods too, but I know about this. 

Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Either use solutions as mentioned by Sundeep_Malik above or:

Do the following:

- Go into your Automation

- Press CTRL+A

- Press CTRL+C

Create a .txt folder on your PC, name it something relevant

-Open the .txt file and press CTRL+V (basically paste the automation into the .txt file)

This will have all the information of the Subflow you've just copied, e.g. Main,

*if you've got more subflows in your automation, you'll need to copy them individually by going into each one and doing the steps above again. (I've got an automation to do this if you've got a huge amount of subflows, read further here:https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Power-Automate-Desktop-PAD-Automatic-Ext...)

Do this and send them to the person you want to share this with, then tell them to go into the .txt file(s), press CTRL+A, CTRL+C and left click into an empty space in an empty automation and press CTRL+V to paste the entire automation you've sent them, this will include all the UI Elements, images, variables, etc.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,697)