Do we have any best practices to be followed  in Power Automate Desktop

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
geavgous
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @simhadriganesh 

Thanks for trying out Power Automate. There is a place to go in order to get more familiar with Power Automate. Get started with Power Automate - Learn | Microsoft Docs

If by "best practices" you refer to the way of authoring flows, well it purely depends on the complexity of your flow. For example, if your flow has a lot of actions, you could split your flow into subflows, to better organize your flow and avoid seeing numerous actions in one page.

In other cases, you could also check on advanced error handling to better foresee future errors that may come up. 

In the end of the day, it all depends on your needs, requirements and complexity of the use cases you need to automate.

Thanks,

George

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

I find the concept interesting.  I am going to take a stab at regularly posting on LinkedIn here:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-annis-80903/

It will be a mix of best practices and how-to, but I like the idea of best practices.

Thanks for the idea.

Here is the first article on Date variables:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-automate-desktop-pad-best-practices-part-1-date-michael-annis

charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

One more - some of the better PAD tech videos to be found are from Kent Weare

Power Automate Desktop Playlist

For implementation and governance tips you'll find more RPA centric advice from other vendors like UiPath and from consultants that focus on RPA. The best high level RPA guideline I have found is from the Feds because it is vendor neutral. RPA Playbook – Digital.gov

Here's another link, from Power Platform 2019 marketing era. Lots of nice presentations from a business and IT perspective. In general, MS offers little BP advice for PAD users, they are just too focused on PowerApps.

On demand now – full session lineup from Microsoft Business Applications Summit! | Power Autom...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,387)