cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HReisinger

"Wait for shortcut key" - more than one key-combination

Hi,

I am currently building a Power Automate Desktop workflow where I am experiencing this issue:

- I want to use the "Wait for shortcut key" function

- according to the documentation, I can use single values (like: ctrl + A) and could also use "...multiple shortcut keys seperated by comma" (defined as "List of Text values" according to this documentation page)

- the aim of my workflow is, to either get 'ctrl + A' OR 'ctrl + F' as shortcut entry and use this info later in the workflow

- so I tried everything as input in the "Shortcut key" input field:

• Ctrl + A,Ctrl + F --> error, is not accepted as definition
  • 'Ctrl + A','Ctrl + F' --> error, is not accepted as definition
  • "Ctrl + A","Cctrl + F" --> error, is not accepted as definition
  • [Ctrl + A,Ctrl + F] --> error, is not accepted as definition

I would very much appreciate any kind of hint or help on how to solve this mystery...

Many thanks,

Harald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

List syntax is

%['Ctrl + A', 'Ctrl + C']%

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

List syntax is

%['Ctrl + A', 'Ctrl + C']%

Thank you!

It looks like there is a limit of five shorcut keys. Is that correct? Is there any workaround?

A request to remove the 5 shortcut limit has been submitted to Power Automate feedback.  Please upvote the idea to bring it to the Power Automate team's attention. 

Remove the 5 shortcut key limit from the "Wait for shortcut key" action · Community (powerautomate.c...

One workaround would not get you more than 5 shortcut keys at once, but would allow you to press a sequence of keys and effectively have unlimited choices. Consider one of the first mapped shortcut keys as ‘more choices’ key. So the first keystroke gives you 4 options OR a way to access others. Chain multiple series of this, and you can get as many choices as you want; but it might look like 

a

OR

F1

c

OR

F1

F1

F1

g

etc.

With practice, it gets pretty intuitive, especially if you group the sets of choices. Note that I do this with my ‘shortcut keys’ as simple one-key inputs, with no Ctrl or Alt etc.

Hi @manicplanet ,

Great minds think alike. Actually, I've been doing it this way since I ran into the problem a few months back. It's still limited in that if you need more than nine actions, you then need a third combo key. However, the nice thing is that the second, third, etc. keys can be plain keys without modifiers like CTRL, etc. Of course, if Microsoft would just fix this, it would be even better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,755)