Insert row can not be used with file ID. Get rows and other actions work fine.
Also, when EXCEL file is replaced,ID changes and flow don't recognise it anymore. The idea would
be to make ID dynamic , not static.
Thank you for the suggestion. What you are asking for is the ability to use an action with dynamic input but without selecting a particular file when you're designing the flow. We will evaluate this feature.
I have found solution to read dynamic excel file unique table data as mentioned in below link (at the end)
if you have any issues in updating dynamic excel file table data then let me know. (I will check on weekends)
Update a Row Dynamic Content - Hi All, If you also need dynamic content for the Update a Row Card Please Vote here - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Excel-Update-a-Row-Cannot-Use-Dynamic-Conte...
This would be nice. I had exactly this problem. We have similar Excel files with different names in different folders. All of them have the same structure and same tables (same table header also of course).
But without being able to dynamically target the excel files, the workaround for having different excel files is very big. Every excel files has it's own editing actions in the flow.
Would be very good, to be able to dynamically target an Excel file.
Excel actions should still maintain a excel file link as basis, so every user have to put in a link to one of the excel files with same structure. So, the excel action can still read the excel structure and show appropriate tables and fileds.
But beside the "base-excel" link there should be a "target-excel" link, which have to be a dynamical target (file path to a excel file).
The "base-excel" link is also important to run tests or when user so not want to use a specific "target-excel"-link, then the "base-excel"-link is used.
I've just found one option, which can be used until it is solved permanently.
- create a string variable (str_variable below) reading a file code (which you can change at your convenience) using this expression (thanks to another forum):
- add Insert a row Block and assign it to some existing file to get filled fields you need and normally working peek code.
- export the flow into .zip file
- open definition.json in edit mode
- find your Insert a row Block in the code and change "path" attribute to something like this (you can replace the line completely if you want with your string variable):
- import the flow back, you will see that Insert a row Block gives you an error - that is a side effect of this way ( - actually there is no this side effect, if your replace the file code with the variable without touching other parts of the "path" code).
That is basically. I'm still testing it, but at least there is no need to keep a master file and wait till one flow releases it before another can use it.
OneDrive workaround in place - but VERY ugly 🙂 so I'd appreciate it very much if this could be implemented soon. Thank you!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.