Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo Option for Flow

An Undo Option would be very useful.  I'm new to Flow and Powerapps.  I had a powerapp that was functioning about 80%, made a few changes to get the other 20% and now I've screwed it up.  Undoing my last steps would have at least put me back at the 80% mark.  

Status: Under Review

Thanks for the idea, this would be very helpful!

Level: Power Up

Before doing changes, [save as] to make a copy, and turn the original off, that way you have a backup.
Or export the original so that you can import it if something goes wrong.

Level: Powered On

That would work but that would be very time consuming every time you made a change to the workflow. Having an Undo and Redo functionality to me is an essential tool, especially when you're new to all of this.  

Not applicable

Flow badly needs support for the Ctrl+Z command. This is especially crucial when accidentally select the wrong dynamic content, and Flow automatically throws a multi-step, possibly multiple-branching section of your Flow - which took an hour to create - inside of an "Apply to each". You better hope you saved right before you made that click. If not, you options are to close without saving and lose a lot of work, or delete the "Apply to each", which deletes everything that - with one false move - has automatically been placed inside of it.

Please add support for the Undo function.

I feel I have to specify that when a user presses Ctrl+Z, this should undo the last action they performed with no regard whatsoever to what the last action was. If pressed again, it should undo the last action before that, no matter what it was. Make it work this way (product behaves in a perfectly predictable manner), and I'll quickly learn to adjust my behavior to achieve my desired outcome. Try to guess what I "really wanted to do", get it dead wrong (almost always the case in other Office products), and I'll want to throw my computer out the window!

Please add support for the Undo function, and make work in a perfectly predictable manner. While you're at it, make the Undo function work predictably in all your other products, too!

Thank you!

Level: Powered On

 why this feature does not exist already I don't understand nearly all programs and application builder has the undo feature

Level: Powered On

I just now discovered there is NO VERSIONING on Microsoft Flows in current year! Honestly, what is going on? Versioning is not some newfangled nuanced concept. I was hoping to look it up and find out there was just something I don't know about, then I saw this and my jaw almost dropped. If you are expecting people to make use of this stuff in a way that they trust it, you have to make it so they can trust it. A huge part of that is making sure people feel like they can go back to a previous version if need be. Unbelievable.