I love the button where i can track my location to Excel.
But it would be great if i could use the location variables in other/time triggered actions.
Then i could do the same as thebutton, but time triggered and not a manual action.
You're asknig for an action to retreive the user's location offline. We can consider this in the future.
Thanks for your help! I'm working on implementing the first two use cases and have a couple of questions for you:
Here are some data points that could be triggered when GPS criteria is met:
1. Lat - of the original criteria - REQUIRED
2. Lon - of the orginal criteria - REQUIRED
3. Radius - number - Radius to create a circle around the Lat/Lon - There should be a minimum default value for this that is as small a Flow can allow and smartphones and GPS can support. - REQUIRED / DEFAULT
4. Radius System - 2 options - feet or meters - REQUIRED - DEFAULT IS FEET
5. Location Name - text 255 - OPTIONAL - Value is a user assigned name to Lat/Lon and is simply returned as output, if input.
6. Vehicle Name - text 255 - OPTIONAL - Value is simply returned as output, if input
3. Lat - that caused the trigger to fire (this will probably be different because of the radius of the circle)
4. Lon - that caused the trigger to fire (this will probably be different because of the radius of the circle)
5. True/False - a varible to test to see if the event happened - This might be useful in downstream conditions that need to reference this.
6. Username (logged in - from system)
I think it would be best to allow users to control the radius of the circle. Some applications need a very tight radius (and essentially need to know when a user gets within a few feet of a point, while others only need to know if the user gets approximately to a certain area. For most of my applications, I would want to know within a few feet. I use this feature in IFTTT and another SmartHome app called Nexia. Both are rather illusive about just how close you get to a certain lat/lon before they trigger, and this is NOT GOOD. If you want to make the radius fixed, please make it is small as possible and let us know what it is. I think that would cover MOST use cases, and would simplify input.
Outputs 3-5 are "nice to haves" and not really necessary for a basic app to work. They could be added later or not at all if need be.
As Flow continues to expand and connect to more and more apps, this trigger will become increasingly popular. I use this trigger in other Flow competitors (such as IFTTT) quite a bit to track milage, connect with smart home tech, etc. I would far prefer to use it within the Office365 world (where I pay for it and it is secured) rather than a freemium app such as IFTTT where I have no idea how and where my data is being sold. Here are some of the things I currently use this type of trigger for:
1. When I get to a clients office, trigger an excel record with time/date, lat/lon, Location Name, "Arrived"
2. Whne I leave a clients office, trigger an excel record with time/date, lat/lon, Location Name, "Left"
2. When I get near my home, trigger my smart home system to turn on lights, set temp, set mode, etc.
3. When I leave home, trigger smart home system to turn off lights, set temp, set mode, etc.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or need other input.
@rranka - how far away is the release of this feature? It's nearly two months since you previewed it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/k1FSkZL63uc
Location based trigger does not work as expected. When I add coordinates or even the address and click enter it sets the coordinates to something else. Not sure if this has to do with Bing Maps limitations but it is just not working.
There is a way to send a list of locations with latitude longitude and radius to the geolocation trigger ? the outputs should be the time and location when you enter/exit in an area.