cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nielsss

Button with input does not work as widget

I created a flow button with number input. Running that from within the android app works fine. If I add it to my home screen as a widget I can press it, and fill it in, but the trigger does not get sent. After a while I either get a spinner that spins forever, or I get a red bar on the widget and a toast message saying "Couldn't trigger button".

When I tried it with a flow button that has no input it works fine.

Inside Power Automate I see the following error details:

Error
Action 'manual' failed
Ask the Power Automate community
This is a new issue. Try posting about it on our community page—somebody may have a fix. Post it now
How to fix
If this error was temporary, you can try resubmitting the run and the issue may have been resolved.

I am using the latest version of the android app, installed it just now.

Any hints how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
JeffreyVredberg

I am having the same issue, the flow works perfectly if I run it through teams/web/using the app without a widget, however running the flow through a widget on Android is not working.

YasserH

I am also having the same problem

I'm experiencing the same problem. When triggered though the Android widget, the button never works ("Couldn't trigger"), otherwise - when triggered through the Android app - it works.

MFFranco
Frequent Visitor

Also have the same issue (even opened a topic on this as search did not show this thread).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,188)