cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackw009
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Get current date from Flow Mobile App

Currently the mobile app is only a trigger for Flows.  I would like the ability to have a different trigger for my flow and pull data from my mobile device.

We're currently working on a Flow to send a push notification when a calendar event is scheduled for that day.  We'd like to be able to share the flow with others in different time zones and have it work when travelling across time zones.  I was thinking we could do this by getting the current time from the mobile app.  

I know we can get that information if the mobile app is the trigger for the Flow, but since the calendar event creation is the trigger, I need some way to get that information as an action.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use these instructions: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mackw009,

You should be able to get the current time by using UTCNow() function.

See my posts in the following thread:

Start and end times when creating calendar event

In addition to the Compose Action, we could also take use of the Expression from the Dynamic content.

89.PNG

More reading:

Use expressions in flow actions

Post back if you have any further quesitons.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response.  we're currently using UTCNow in our Flow, however we'd like it to be able to share it with directors in other time zones and with my director who occasionally travels.  Ideally it would be able to get the current date/time in the current time zone.  Do you have any suggestions for how to do this?

Get Notifications for Events Scheduled.png

You can use these instructions: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,113)