cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marhol

How to clear text input history

Hello, I have a very simple flow with a button. You click the button, input text in three fields and then it will send an e-mail. The issue I am facing is that the button will remember all the previous inputs. So the first time I ran this flow I put in Test1, Test2 and Test3 in the text input fields. When I go for another test and click the text input field, it pops up showing me Test1 and so on. How do I clear this data and how do I stop it from remembering previous inputs? Best Regards, Martin
4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marhol,

Are you using a Button to trigger the flow? Do you have three text input fields in the trigger?

I have made a simple test according to your description, however, I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side. There is no previous input appears when I do another test.

Could you share more details to help reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @marhol!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, had this problem with the app. In my case, I am prompting the user for a 17 digit project number and my fear is that if the user inputs their project number wrong the first time they will always enter it wrong because of the autocomplete. I don't want to turn autocomplete off entirely (I don't believe you can) because it can be a great help for users, assuming they entered it right the first time.

Here's what I have found - there is no setting within the Flow app to clear history or anything similar. Instead, go to your device's "app info" menu (I'm using Android), then select Flow and find storage -> clear data. Select that. When you return to the app you will be prompted to login again, but thankfully the autocomplete entries will be gone.

Simply clearing the cache does not create the desired result.

Hello, I have the same problem. I created simple flow trigerred by the button. When I start the flow again I see the history of previous inputs scrolled down. I checked it on iOS and Android and both have the same issue. I haven't found any solution yet. Do you have any suggestions? On the image below there is how it looks. Letter "K" was my previous input for the first textbox.

Best regards

Krzysztof

IMG_0E9B8DB81728-1.jpeg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,374)