cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dibo

Push Notification on Huawei Android device

Hi

Do I need to enable a certain setting in the Microsoft Flow app for Android, to be able to receive push notifications?
On my device, I get a notification inside the Flow app. But if would expect it to be pushed (buzz, sound), so I do not have to go and check the app on a regular basis.

I have a Huawei P9 device and gave the Flow app enough rights to stay active in the background and it should be able to send me messages.

Any idea?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

I think you can set notification in the notification center or turn notification for Microsoft Flow app on in the settings. Hope that helps. I think you need to turn notification on on Android settings.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

I think you can set notification in the notification center or turn notification for Microsoft Flow app on in the settings. Hope that helps. I think you need to turn notification on on Android settings.

Thanks

View solution in original post

I have played a bit with different settings and after sending a notification from Flow on another phone (same account) it suddenly worked. Thanks for the hints... 😉

Which settings did you adjust please?

I have same problem on a Lenovo using Android 5/Lolipop. Whilst on my Windowsphone a daily flow appears as a Notification, on Android it only ever appears within the Flow app, never in Notifications.

I have the App Notification set to "Block" = "Off" & "Priority"= "On" in Settings/Notification/App notifications & its set to show notifications even when locked too. Within the Flow app there's nothing about Notifications in "Settings" just Help & Support, About & Privacy plus a Give feedback option.

I cant see anywhere else across the device that would allow me to control Flow settings for Notifications (although am still getting to grips with Android).

Any tips or suggestions on why Android cant handle the same way as Windowsphone?

Thanks 🙂

Hi

I have a Huawei device and if I remember correctly, it was the priority setting that did the trick.
I needed to register Flow as a prioritized app and after that everything went well.

Hope this helps...

Thanks but sadly no. I set "Priority" last night hoping it might work but as always, Windowsphone got the Notification, zilch on my Android 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,134)