cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecbz

iPhone photo rename flow

Hi there

Regards to all

Just discovered flow app last night and I’ll be using it, but I wondered if a couple of things are possible.

I take about twenty pictures a day with my iPhone or iPad, and I’d like to auto rename the pictures with an auto number starting at one and then the postcode and the address

I’ve found a flow which does some of these - takes a picture and renames it with the address and uploads to OneDrive.

Would it be possible to add dynamic auto numbering, pic 1 is 1, pic 2 is 2 etc,

And

Can the photos be saved to the native file folders on an iPhone so I can upload later?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

All the best,

B
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Super User II
Super User II

@Ecbz wrote:

Can the photos be saved to the native file folders on an iPhone so I can upload later?

You could create a dynamic numbering system with Flow, such as creating an incremental variable using a loop, while comparing with logical expressions. You also may be able to create a Logic-based Function for more control and functionality. 

For saving or renaming photos on an iPhone? Flow relies on pre-built and/or custom connectors, and there is no Apple or iTunes connector. Before manipulating the photos you'd need to get them on to a platform that has a connector, like OneDrive, SharePoint, Google Drive, Box, DropBox, etc. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

@Ecbz wrote:
Great thanks - okay a supplementary question -

Could you run a flow on files in a onedrive folder and rename them from the geotag/meta location info?

I’m in remote areas, so uploading isn’t always an option immediately.

@Ecbz wrote:
Or

Alternatively name the file based on a name in a spreadsheet (I’m thinking and looking at how you could actually select the name from the spreadsheet)

All of this is theoretically possible with Flow, using everything I outlined in the first post. The OneDrive connector has Get file metadata capabilities and the Excel Onlien connector has Get a row capabilities

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5
Brad_Groux
Super User II
Super User II

@Ecbz wrote:

You could create a dynamic numbering system with Flow, such as creating an incremental variable using a loop, while comparing with logical expressions. You also may be able to create a Logic-based Function for more control and functionality. 

For saving or renaming photos on an iPhone? Flow relies on pre-built and/or custom connectors, and there is no Apple or iTunes connector. Before manipulating the photos you'd need to get them on to a platform that has a connector, like OneDrive, SharePoint, Google Drive, Box, DropBox, etc. 

Could you run a flow on files in a onedrive folder and rename them from the geotag/meta location info?

Or

Alternatively name the file based on a name in a spreadsheet (I’m thinking and looking at how you could actually select the name from the spreadsheet)

@Ecbz wrote:

@Ecbz wrote:
Or

All of this is theoretically possible with Flow, using everything I outlined in the first post. The OneDrive connector has Get file metadata capabilities and the Excel Onlien connector has Get a row capabilities

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (4,031)