cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H007

Automatically copy PA flow and update custom variables via API

Can I automatically copy an existing Power Automate flow with variable parameters and automatically update the variable listed in the incoming message (API)?

Example for clarification:

I have a Power Automate flow where I save emails with the subject 'ABC' and copy them to the SharePoint folder named 'ABC'. With an API I want to automatically copy the exiting Power Automate flow but change the variable 'ABC' from the initial flow to '123' for the new flow and update the SharePoint folder to '123' as well. Is this possible with an API and/or are there limitations/restrictions?

1 REPLY 1
H007

Follow up question:
There is an event that triggers an API to sends the new code (123) into the Power Automate flow, whereafter the new SharePoint folder is created and one or more existing Power Automate flows are copied. What is the best way to tackle this:

Option 1: One API is responsible for triggering the initial PA flow and later updates the copied PA flows.
(API > Power Automate > SharePoint > Power Automate > Same API updates the copied Power Automate flows

Option 2: One API is responsible for triggering the initial PA flow and another API updates the copied PA flows.

(API > Power Automate > SharePoint > Power Automate > New API gets triggered after copy action and updates the newly copied Power Automate flows)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,131)