cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrunet
Advocate I
Advocate I

Canvas Portrait App launched within Teams mobile App(iOS) has width issues

Hello. I recently added a Canvas portrait power app to A corporate Teams site. Everything functions as expected however the PWRApp width is not fully realized when launched from within Teams. The height adjusts and is fine.

I have toggled the settings option/screensize+orientation such that "Scale to fit" is on. This does not correct the app width issue.

Appreciate any insights or ideas.

thanks.

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @mbrunet ,

It sounds like you want to make a responsive app. 

To make your app fill its container, the scale to fit option should be turned *off*.

The controls will need to have X and Y properties that place them relatively on the screen.

For instance, you can center a control in the X direction with:

(Parent.Width-Self.Width)/2

You will need to resize controls for responsive patterns as well.

The documentation for responsiveness includes the details for this scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

If you are looking for an example of a responsive mobile app designed in portrait orientation, you can view the Crisis Communication app at: https://aka.ms/crisiscommsapp

Its interesting with "scale to fit" turned ON, the portrait app render/looks fine in the Power Apps app for ios. However in the Teams app for ios it is compressed horizontally with grey bands on the left and right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (85,994)