cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator

Connecting to CDS from SQL Server Management Studio

I saw the presentation at the summit, that you can connect to the CDS instance from SSMS. What are the steps to accomplish that?

5 REPLIES 5
CNT Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Connecting to CDS from SQL Server Management Studio

SarathMohan Helper II
Helper II

Hi ,

I tired this but its not connecting. want to know the regions for which this is available. I can see from the org url configured is for US region. Tried creating a trial for this purpouse its not onnecting.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

Nickytvv
Frequent Visitor

Hi @SarathMohan,

the link provided shows the following:

image.png

Could you please check if that option is enabled by trying the following?

You can use the Analyze in Power BI option (Data > Entities > Analyze in Power BI) in Power Apps (https://make.powerapps.com) to use the SQL connection feature to analyze data in Power BI Desktop. More information: View entity data in Power BI Desktop.

SarathMohan Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Nickytvv ,

I don't see any options when navigated to the mentioned Data--> Entities and checked in Commnad bar. Tried this in other instances of US region as well. No luck so far. For your information these are not trial instances.

Let me know if you are able to show me a screen grab of how this is appearing. for which region etc.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

SarathMohan Helper II
Helper II

No There is no option available in the command bar tried with multiple instances. No luck

Are you able to see this option. I have navigated to Data--> Entities and in the command bar didn't find any option.

Sarath

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,221)