cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Converting image to word using power apps and power automate

Hi there, I have a digital signature power app where a user fills out some fields and then signs. 
I have used a word doc template to populate the fields using the developer mode.
Everything works fine, except for the image (for the signature).
The error I'm getting in Power Automate is "The image is not of type PNG or JPG. Please provide an image of type PNG or JPG. 
clientRequestId: fa3e687e-7662-4508-8731-2ec821115628".

How can this be avoided?
Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Unfortunately, the peninput1.image is not the format the word template accepts. 

You need to perform steps such as storing the image first on azure or SharePoint and then getting the file content and place in word template

You can see a solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/pen-input-in-a-word-document/td-p/677873 

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

how are you sending the image from powerapps to flow? Can you please show the parameter value in powerapps that you are passing? 

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I followed this youtube video (Learn PowerApps - Autofill Templates in Sharepoint Tutorial - YouTube), and therefore I was trying to send the image by the "Ask in powerapp" function in Flow. 

(I have attached the flow and the app screenshot in the post incase you missed it)

This is the formula I used on the button, which is associated with the triggering the flow.capture.PNG

Super User II
Super User II

Unfortunately, the peninput1.image is not the format the word template accepts. 

You need to perform steps such as storing the image first on azure or SharePoint and then getting the file content and place in word template

You can see a solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/pen-input-in-a-word-document/td-p/677873 

Thanks,
Rahber

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (28,120)