cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Create a case in D365 using either Dynamics or Common Data Service connector in Power Automate

Attempting to create a new case in out Dynamics 365 Sandbox, I have tried to use the template, "Create a new record in Dynamics 365 on Microsoft Forms submission." In the block, "Create a new record" that is using a Dynamics integration, I get the error, "

Bad Request - Error in query syntax." 

Here is my block:

d365CaseCreationFail1of2.png
d365CaseCreationFail2of2.png

My first instinct is that the Owner is of data type, "Owner" which is a record. If this is the issue, how can I access the user's record? I tried Get Record and using the body of that, but to no avail.

Thank you for your help in this; it is greatly appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @BenDonahue,

As requested, here's the URL to your other post where I answered this question. 

Thanks,

Garry

BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

There were lots of pieces to the ultimate solution you provided. Now should a second person want to do this, there is a detailed roadmap. I still can't believe that I'm the very first one, maybe just the first one to not know how to do it and needed to research it.

It was a long road, and you finally pushed me over the finish line, and I very much appreciate it, thank you 

@GarryPope .

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,676)