cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmirZolf
Frequent Visitor

Fill out an existing PDF form using a Dataverse record in Model-Driven app

Hi there,

We have an official PDF template from the government that we need to complete based on some data. The values are in two Dataverse tables associated with a Model-Driven app.

I wonder how I can fill these PDF boxes automatically?

3 REPLIES 3
akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @AmirZolf 

Yes you can do it. Actualy there is a Enterprise called Encodian that have an action called Fill a PDF Form with this you will be able to perfil the need that you have.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/encodiandocumentmanager/

AmirZolf
Frequent Visitor

I have tried these and it seems not working with that governmental PDF, which is actually an XFA format. I even tried to convert it to a normal PDF, yet as it is a multi-page file, it didn't work either.

akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I never played with XFA formats. But looks like you have a really specific requirements that I understand that you have validated that there is nothing out of the box available in the Power Platform. So based on this I recomend you considering one of these following scenarios:

• Create you custom connector with the needed custom code to perform the desired action.
  • For more integrated requirements you can create a PCF using JS framework. But this is the most complex way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,656)