cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZhangTT

Get SharePoint item ID from previous step

Hi There,
I have an online list in SharePoint, which help to record the new hire onboard info.. 

Then I want to use Power Automate to create a flow to monitor whether the new hire complete his/her assigned training on specific days, for example once a new hire's record was created, the flow will be triggerd. then it will wait until the learner onboard 15 days. the flow need to check whether the learner complete the training (HR manually update the training score to sharepoint list manually twice a week), if not, the flow will send an reminder email automaticly. 
However, for Power Automate it always used the original item to run the whole process, but I need to check the item's updated information after each "wait... until" step. So I am wondering is there any idea to solve this?
I am not sure whether get item is a solution, and I didn't find any useful guide for it?

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ZhangTT,

With which delay value did you test this? I assume not 15 days, otherwise it would not possible for you to respond this quickly to this thread again? 😁

Alternatively, you could also use a schedule flow. In this flow you could use a Get Items and check if the item has been created 15 days ago via a Filter Query.

(Created gt '@{addDays(utcNow(), -15, 'yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00Z')}') and (Created le '@{addDays(utcNow(), -15, 'yyyy-MM-ddT23:59:00Z')}')

getitems.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ZhangTT,

You should be able to retrieve the ID from the trigger action in the dynamic content list. 

Below is an example were I use a Get Item action with that same field after a delay.

getitem_afterdelay.png

@Expiscornovus  Thanks for your kind feedback. I just have a try and still run into the same issue. I mean,  I update the basic info. when the new hire onboard, However, if the learner complete the training in 15 days, the flow still can not get the completion info..🙃

NewHire Training Tracking.png

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @ZhangTT,

With which delay value did you test this? I assume not 15 days, otherwise it would not possible for you to respond this quickly to this thread again? 😁

Alternatively, you could also use a schedule flow. In this flow you could use a Get Items and check if the item has been created 15 days ago via a Filter Query.

(Created gt '@{addDays(utcNow(), -15, 'yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00Z')}') and (Created le '@{addDays(utcNow(), -15, 'yyyy-MM-ddT23:59:00Z')}')

getitems.PNG

haha~I do use 15 days as delay value, but set onboard date as 15 days ago.😀
Anyway, the second method solved my question. so so so many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,920)