cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Getting your data... PowersApps and SalesForce

Hello, I have built a PowerApp, that is using a SalesForce back end. All of the data cards are from one area and there are a little under 400 columns. The max number in SalesForce is 800.

When I open the app and go to an edit form, it works fine to view data. I can scroll different forms. One group of forms has 11 forms. Again, no issues viewing, but almost every time I actually edit a field and submit the form to go to the next form, I get the dreaded "Getting your data..." error.

First, what exactly is this error? Is it a communication error between powerapps and salesforce?

Second, are there any know solutions for this?

When the app loads, it opens fairly quickly, usually less than 2-3 seconds.

My worry is that the number of columns is causing a delay in gathering the columns for the form I am navigating to after editing a field. The forms will normally have between 4-10 fields on them.

Another weird thing, is even though I get the error, the field I edited will still update in SalesForce.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Larry
PowerApps Newbie since May 2020

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Re: Getting your data... PowersApps and SalesForce

That is interesting.

I have got the "getting your data" whenever the app or form is having a hard time figuring out what item to look at. For example, if you're "Item" property of the form is set to something that doesn't actually exist or just isn't set to anything at all. So, my first idea/suggestion would be to look at the item property in each of your forms as well as make sure when you go to the next form, the form is in the correct mode.

Also, If your viewing an item, and you edit something and then go to a new form, try making sure that next form is in the correct mode. Sometimes I forget to make sure my form is in the right mode that it needs to be and if the form is in view/edit mode and I don't have an item that it's supposed to be looking at it gives me that message.

What happens when you try to create a new item? 

Let me know if any of these ideas don't make sense at all! I hope this helped in some way. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try thinking of something else. But I don't think it has to do with the amount of fields you have, I think it's something to do with the item property in your forms or the display mode. Maybe try throwing a label in there showing what mode the form that you're on is in and/or the item it should be looking at to make sure?

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @BenFetters, and thank you for your input.

I will take a look at the different data cards to see if I can identify an issue.

As for creating a new item; unfortunately they will not work with the Sales Force setup we have. We are retrieving existing fields that are read only, including the account ID which acts as the index and links everything.

What you said makes sense, I remember earlier on in the project, I had some field types in sales force that power apps didn't like and I got the same error. I changed the field type to resolve.

Maybe that is the issue again.

I do have a case in with Microsoft as well. When I run admin tools in Chrome, I got a few 403 errors that were pointing to some javascript files that is on the Microsoft end.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

Regards,
Larry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Oh and if the items idea turns out to be the issue, I will certainly identify your post as my solution.

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Oh okay, that makes more sense. Of course, I hope that helped! Thanks, I hope you get it figured out!

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So I ended up opening a ticket with the MS Power Team. I've heard back and they related there is a known issue, no estimated time of repair.

They did provide a workaround.

"in Gallery.OnSelect, set the selected item as a variable before navigating: Set(varGalSelected, Gallery.Selected); Navigate(...); ... and then bind Form.Item to the variable. "

I made the changes as I understood them (see attachment of response back to Microsoft). I get no errors with the variable, but my data is not displaying when I refer to it in the form.item.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,413)