Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hiding filter pane is not working for embedded report in Power Apps Portal

Hi,

I'm having this issue with hiding filter pane in embedded Power BI report in Power Apps Portal. Although I already hide the filter pane in PowerBI Desktop, it still shows up in embedded repot in Portal. Funny that this was working before until lately, and it is hidden as expected in Power BI Service.

I'm using liquid template to embed the report to the portal following this guide: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/add-powerbi-report

Is it possible that new updates change this bevior?

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @sean_tm @paulmacf 

I've fixed the issue using PowerBi Javascript. Please read more about it here:

But I think this is still an issue for Microsoft.

Let me know if you can sort it out. 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SeanM

Same issue just started for us. Hiding the Power BI Filter Pane worked for months with no problem in our Power Apps Portal. 

As a temporary fix, saving the report with the Filter Pane in a colapsed state and changing the text and borders to white (to match the background) will hide the Filter Pane from the end user. 

However, this is not ideal. You can still expand the Filter Pane if you find the right spot to click. It also makes editing report filters more cumbersome. 

We would also appreciate a fix for this issue.

paulmacf
Frequent Visitor

Getting this as well. Filter pane is now visible where it wasn't previously. This has allowed our customers to expose data that should not be visible and thus we have had to remove the report entirely for now.

That's too bad 🙁 We're about to Go Live in our case and this is definitely a show stopper.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @sean_tm @paulmacf 

I've fixed the issue using PowerBi Javascript. Please read more about it here:

But I think this is still an issue for Microsoft.

Let me know if you can sort it out. 

Cheers!

Hi @nhnkhoa 

Thank you for the information and glad that has worked for you. Certainly worth us exploring this.

We have a ticket with MS support and waiting for that before going down any other route. Will post any updates.

Thanks

Thanks @nhnkhoa ,
Forgive my ignorance, but our internal skill set is admittedly not development heavy. Are you able to use these JavaScript calls with the Liquid Tag embedding?

My understanding from last looking into it was using the Power BI JavaScript API required a significantly different setup method than the out of the box integration. We would like to keep maintenance simple. Would be nice to get rid of that Report Tab Bar though.

Thanks for raising the support ticket @paulmacf , let us know how it goes. I think I should do the same at this point.

Thanks for the solution.

It was working last week and we were about to demo the embeding capabilities today. And surprise! the Filter pan appeared.

We have also tried the following and it works:

<div ... powerbi-settings-filter-pane-enabled="false"></div>

We got this from here: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki/Embed-Configuration-Details

Thanks again.

Thanks, @SamiAssi. Glad that it is working out for you!

Hi @sean_tm , I think Javascript is our best solution for this issue at this stage while MS is working on it. You can use Javascript to either update embedded report settings like I did or add settings attributes to report containter dev element like @SamiAssi  did.

I can show you if you want, just leave me a message in my inbox or in my Linkedin.

Cheers!

Hi @Syndicate_Admin - how exactly did you implement the fix, I have read the links and the suggestions of:

powerbi-settings-filter-pane-enabled="false"

powerbi-settings-nav-content-pane-enabled="false"

But don't know how to incorporate these into an embedded report? 

I'm no HTML expert - how could it be accommodated in this - and if you know how to increase the height also that would be greatly appreciated!

<div class="container-fluid no-padding">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-md-12" powerbi-settings-filter-pane-enabled="false" powerbi-settings-nav-content-pane-enabled="false">
      {% powerbi authentication_type:"powerbiembedded" path:"https://app.powerbi.com/groups/XXXXX/reports/XXXXX/ReportSectionXXXXX"   %}
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,237)