cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandolphBrown

Moving large amount of files with multiple variables.

Wonder if anyone can help - I have a monthly task and I'm currently scouring Youtube videos in an attempt to educate myself on the can's and cant's of Power Automate. The task is this:

Each month I have 1 folder that contains over 20k PDF's for varying, products countries, languages and different client levels (A, B & C).

I then have to add the PDF's to a folder specific to the Country, Product, Language & Client level, e.g.

UKClientA-UK-EN-Shoes

FRClientB-FR-FR-Shoes

UKClientB-UK-EN-Homeware

etc...

Each spec has its own folder and the kicker is that each folder can not exceed a limit of 30mb (roughly 100 files), once this limit is reached I then paste into a new spec folder suffixed with the number, e.g.

UK_ClientA_UK_en_Shoes_Folder1

UK_ClientA_UK_en_Shoes_Folder2 

I am currently manually ctrl-X, ctrl-V for all 20k. Time consuming and painstaking.

Given the multiple variables on the names and the size constraints of the end folders, is this beyond Power Automate capabilities?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,416)