cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Populate custom entities using power automate?

I've created a custom entity to hold some data for use in a question. Is it possible to access the CDS table behind the custom entity so I can add to it programmatically using power automate?

My use case is for an internal bot, and the topic is customer information. Each customer has a list item in SharePoint with columns to store information such as who the account manager is and the contract type. I have partly created the list of customers as a custom entity with all their aliases and abbreviations people might refer them by. The agent takes the information from the user to return the proper name from the entity then I have a flow lookup the list item and return the relevant data. It works ok, but I'd like to add new customers and remove old ones programmatically as part of a customer onboarding/offboarding process.

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @WillPage ,

When you said "custom entity" you mean PVA >> Entities, right?

So, today this entity is not accessible by the user or system programmatically, it's just a simple table that you can store things using the PVA studio.

We already have an idea about it, you can vote: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Virtual-Agents-Ideas/Use-Entities-from-CDS/idi-p/415436?se...

Also, you can do a workaround, but will not work as an entity to match with synonymous or something like that. I never tried yet, but I think that will work for you.

You can use Power Automate to get customers in your SharePoint list and return as a text, with this answer as a variable, you can send to Bot Framework Composer and he will create multiple select options and show to the user.

Use Bot Framework Composer with chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

(PS: I do not if will work, but you can try it if you want)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português
Aya_

Hi @renatoromao ,

Did they developed this feature or not yet ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,735)