cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Populate custom entities using power automate?

I've created a custom entity to hold some data for use in a question. Is it possible to access the CDS table behind the custom entity so I can add to it programmatically using power automate?

My use case is for an internal bot, and the topic is customer information. Each customer has a list item in SharePoint with columns to store information such as who the account manager is and the contract type. I have partly created the list of customers as a custom entity with all their aliases and abbreviations people might refer them by. The agent takes the information from the user to return the proper name from the entity then I have a flow lookup the list item and return the relevant data. It works ok, but I'd like to add new customers and remove old ones programmatically as part of a customer onboarding/offboarding process.

Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @WillPage ,

When you said "custom entity" you mean PVA >> Entities, right?

So, today this entity is not accessible by the user or system programmatically, it's just a simple table that you can store things using the PVA studio.

We already have an idea about it, you can vote: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Virtual-Agents-Ideas/Use-Entities-from-CDS/idi-p/415436?se...

Also, you can do a workaround, but will not work as an entity to match with synonymous or something like that. I never tried yet, but I think that will work for you.

You can use Power Automate to get customers in your SharePoint list and return as a text, with this answer as a variable, you can send to Bot Framework Composer and he will create multiple select options and show to the user.

Use Bot Framework Composer with chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

(PS: I do not if will work, but you can try it if you want)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português
Aya_

Hi @renatoromao ,

Did they developed this feature or not yet ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Users online (1,795)